Monday 16 April 2012

Earth Girl and the wardrobe full of kittens

About a year ago, I got a kitten, a kitten who has grown into a beautiful cat.

We were going to have her neutered but I felt guilty, so we decided to let her have one litter of kittens. Which she did, one month ago, in my wardrobe, on top of my nice office skirt and a teddy bear from my childhood.

I washed the skirt, and threw away the teddy bear. It was just a useless peice of detritus from my past, cluttering up my present. I never played with that teddy bear as a child, I suppose I just kept hold of it out of some misplaced sense of nostalgia. I don't miss it now that it's gone. I feel good about throwing it away. I cling to too much crap from my past.

I cleared a lot of similarly useless crap ot of the bottom of that wardrobe and I replaced it with a bed I made for my cat and her kittens. it's just a box lined with some towels and sheets, but it's a much better use of the space that that stupid teddy bear ever was.

2 comments:

  1. Hi good to hear from you after this long time. Pleased to hear that things are looking good. Are you ready for the Olympics? Lots of differinf opinions about them. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be time for a new post ???

    ReplyDelete