Friday 4 July 2008

facebook and why it sucks

I have been spending quite a lot of time on facebook lately in the misguided belief that rekindling old friendships might make me happy. It has not. Reading about the wonderful sucesses my old friends have made of their lives makes me feel like a failure.

I realise that a good many may be exagerating their sucess and that just becouse you are married and have kids it doens't mean that you are happy, but I still can't help feeling envious.

But then I try to look on the bright side. Pehaps a few of them are jealous of me?
Of my perceved freedom in not having a mortgage to tie me down or a husband and childeren to care for or a sucessful career to maintain. Perhaps I should revel in my freedom and stop dweling on things that probably wouldn't make me any happier.

The glass is half empty and the grass will always be greener.

1 comment:

  1. I think most of them would be jealous - me included!!

    ReplyDelete