Thursday 7 April 2005

the tale of the burnt tongue

Yes, I burnt my tongue again. But this time is was on some crappy Vietnamese food instead of a mug of hot chocolate.

I've gone off hot chocolate; maybe it's the advent of spring that has dulled my obsession.... But that's completely off-topic.

Today’s topic revolves around the plate of crappy chicken in ginger with water chestnuts and boiled rice, which I had for dinner last night. It was served at a temperature hot enough to scald a huge patch of my tongue.

The night started out well, we had a few drinks in a bar, where we could have had a really nice meal, if it wasn't for the picky vegetarians and their complaints that they didn't like the veggie options. (That’s what you get for having deviant dietary requirements- you wingers)

So we headed out to find somewhere with more Veggie choice and ended up at a tiny Vietnamese restaurant down the road. I was quite excited, as I've never had Vietnamese food before. I needn't have been, it was awful.

In fact the meal I was served was the kind of slop you get out of a packet at the supermarket i.e. a load of ‘oriental’ veg and some dubious meat coved in slime.

I was so disappointed I had to drown my sorrows with 2 pints of larger.

3 comments:

  1. I've got to learn to display my disappointment in the same manner that you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if you fancy expressing your disapointment tonight your welcome to hop on a plane across the pond and join us in the pub tonight. It should only take about 8 hours. If you leave now you should just make it ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. After the day I've had today, I could totally use a few pints in a great location to help blow off some steam. Instead, living in Ohio means renting a movie and grabbing a six pack of cheap beer.

    ReplyDelete