Thursday 28 August 2008

Who do you think you are Hulk Hogan?

Last night I had a very weird dram about Hulk Hogan.
It was even more bizarre because the more I think about it the more I realise that the dream was heavily influenced by last nights Who do you think you are? with Jerry Springer.

I was very moved by his discovery of the fate of his maternal Grandmother in a Nazi extermination camp. I was shocked to see how profoundly the fate of someone who died sixty odd years ago could affect the life of someone alive today.

I was stunned to see the calm, cool and collected jerry Springer break down in tears at the revelation of his grandmother’s fate.

Quite why my brain would choose to combine such a profound experience with the dysfunctional Hogan family, I am not sure. Perhaps it was the only way my MTV ravaged psyche could relate to such an historical occurrence - in terms of today’s celebrity obsessed pop culture. What does that say about my values and those of society today?

No comments:

Post a Comment