Wednesday 16 August 2006

Twisted Sister

I bumped into Nemesis on the Bakerloo line platform at Oxford Circus on the way home. We chatted all the way home at some point the conversation turned to ‘Who would you give a kidney to if they needed it’. Of course we’d donate one to our mother, we both agreed on that, but would we give one to each other?

Neither of us brought that one up, for fear of the answer. I mean if I gave her a kidney she’s have to start treating me nicer and if I gave one to her – well that would be admitting I actually did love her, which I’m not sure I actually do. We don’t like each other most of the time, it’s one of the few things we both agree on. But do we love each other? Are the sisterly bonds of blood strong enough that we would risk our lives for each other?

I really don’t know. It’s a question that could only be answered if the situation arose. I pray to god that it never will.

No comments:

Post a Comment