Friday 24 March 2006

I love calculators

I arrived back at the hostel from my mind numbing job at the sandwich bar to be greeted by our incredibly excited Kiwi Receptionist. "We're going on a road trip to Adelaide - Come with us!"
"OK"

Lord, how I hated the sandwich bar and truth be told I was looking for an excuse to quit. But it had to be a good one. They were paying me fairly good money and you just can't walk away from a job that pays cash in had if you don't have a good reason. But this was the excuse I needed. A road trip with my friends, a never to be repeated opportunity and once in a life time trip. Hell yeah I was going.

When I told the greasy cafe owner I was leaving he seemed to take it well. Right up until he tried to rip me off with my final pay packet.
I had careful worked out with a pen and paper exactly how much I was owed and the boss had carefully worked out that he owed me a lot less than I expected. "Did you deduct a half hour every day for your breaks?"
Huh! "Some days I only got 10 minutes!"
"Well that's the hospitality industry I'm afraid" Cunt.
I adjusted my figures and we went through the numbers again. I still always arrived at a total significantly higher than his. "I assure you its $420, look I'll get a calculator if you don't believe me"
Yeah, you go get a calculator you smarmy bastard.

And the calculator says $516 !!!!!!!!

Ha Ha Ha, you smarmy thieving asshole, fuck you, pay me my money, then stick your stupid Sandwich bar up your arse!!!

3 comments:

  1. Sandwich bar assuming it's one that also sells hot sarnies, do you find you burn yourself on the toasters a lot ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If i'd been alowed near the toasters yes i probably would have burnt myself quite a lot

    ReplyDelete