Friday 14 January 2005

lightning never strikes twice

Wondering why I haven't blogged for the past 2 days?

Well wonder no more, I was on a business trip to Germany and my plane got struck by lightning on the flight home.

About 30 seconds after we took off there was an almighty bang and a bluewhite flash outside. After thinking 'SHIT WHAT HAPPEND? 'I looked out the window to make sure the engine haddn't caught fire of fallen off. It was still there and I couldn't see any flames so I calmed down a bit. Untill I glanced across at the Airhostess who looked even more petrified than the passengers.

The Captain came on the tannoy after a few minutes and said ' I expect you noticed we were hit by lightning, don't worry it happens all the time. The plane is built to with stand this sort of thing.'

1 comment:

  1. How...reassuring.

    Pilots don't seem to realise that people don't fly every day and hence, something like being struck by lightning is actually quite terrifying.

    Glad you didn't die!

    ReplyDelete