Sunday 19 December 2004

It was a mistake try and start a diet in december

. . .because lets face it, it was never going to work.

I mostly stuck to it the first week. I went to the gym 4 times and I did a yoga class. But then on Friday we had our department Christmas dinner and everything went out the window.

I haven't pigged out this last week but I haven't dieted. I have had quite a few biscuits form the deluxe box that one of our suppliers sent us and I had a blueberry muffin form the box of muffins another supplier sent.

So here’s what I'm going to do from now until new year will be the pre-diet, cutting out the bread and biscuits and getting over he worst of the cravings, and upping the exercise so that by the time the actually hard work begins I'll be used to it and it wont be such a shock to the system.

I also will not be telling anybody I know what i am doing. I have found that if you even tell one person you are on a diet you are doomed to failure. They will constantly be asking you about it and making it into a big issue and bringing it up all the time so that you are constantly thinking about it which is bad. The only way to get through it is to change your lifestyle and keep it to your self. The only time i have ever had success with a diet has been when I have done this and every time I have failed is when I have told some one. So this time I'm keeping my mouth shut.

No comments:

Post a Comment