Monday 29 May 2006

A monkey stole my ice cream

After a full day of mishaps, detours and long queues, I final made it up to the top of Penang Hill.

As I strolled down the path Cornetto in hand, I noticed a monkey sitting on the fence. He was staring at my ice cream. I knew what was coming. He climbed down off the fence and started towards me.

A few days earlier the pet monkey of my guesthouse in Langkawi had tried to rip the earring out of my ear (I was informed that she does this becouse she likes earrings not becouse she's vicious).

I had no intention of being mawled by a disease ridden wild monkey (I've seen outbreak). So I decided the monkey was welcome to my ice cream as long as it stayed away from me and chucked my Cornetto over the fence. The monkey quickly followed.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for "sharing" your ice cream with the monkey !!! He might of been my relation, because I am a krazy monkey living down under in NEW ZEALAND.

    ReplyDelete