Wednesday 22 December 2004

Christmas Gifts

The problem with working in an office over christmas is all the cakes and sweets and biscuits people keep bringing in as gifts.

Our suppliers have so far sent our department a big luxury box of chocolate covered biscuits form Marks & Spencer, a big tin of Quality streets, a box of Indian sweets, 2 bags of Hershey's kisses, a bag of peppermint patties, a box of fairy cakes, a chocolate Yule log and a box of muffins.

It wouldn't be so bad if they were left in the downstairs kitchen, I only venture down there once a day. But they are in the upstairs kitchen (so they don't get nicked by people from other departments). The counter they are on is in my direct line of sight and I have to walk past it every time I leave the room. It's just not fair that this kind of temptation is in my way.

Being gluten free has helped me avoid a lot of it though. No cakes, biscuits, Yule log or muffins for me. But I have had a fair few chocolates . . . Still, you have to reason that partial abstinence is better than none at all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment