Sunday 15 August 2004

Cat Flu

This afternoon a strange woman knocked on my door and threatened to report me to the RSPCA because she thinks my cat has Cat Flu.

She must be mad. I just looked up the symptoms of cat flu – which are sneezing, a runny nose and discharge from the eyes. Lucky has none of these symptoms.

My cat is 17 years old and he can’t take the heat inside the house during the summer. For the past 3 years Lucky has taken up residence in our back garden as soon as the weather starts getting warmer. He spent his days laying in the shade under the lavender bush only coming inside the house to eat. We always leave a large water bowl in the shade by the door for him.
This summer for some reason he has taken a dislike to the back garden and moved into the front garden. He still spends all day sleeping in the shade and we leave a large water bowl by the door for him so he doesn't get dehydrated. He gets fed first thing in the morning before I go to work and again when I get home. As soon as he has finished eating he literally runsfrom the kitchen to the front door and meows to be let out.

He’s old and smelly and dusty from lying on the paving stones but he’s in no way mistreated. So what the hell this woman is on about is beyond me.

No comments:

Post a Comment